Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bright, Sunny Day

Hello everybody! It seems like I get later and later posting these blogs. I am ready to fall asleep sitting here at my desk. Guess it's a good thing that our bedroom is right across the hall! LOL
This is a shot of my Hostas. They got a very late start in blooming this year.
This is my favorite picture of the day. A white Hibiscus in a neighboring yard, which is 2 lots to the north of our house.
This is one of the neighborhood cats that comes around and I feed. I call her "Mouse" because of her color. She is a very loving and affectionate cat. My cat, Salem, gets very jealous!
These are some toadstools or possibly mushrooms. Not really sure which. They are near my bird feeder, just the one cluster of them. I've never seen them grow clumped together like this.
One of my odd-ball squirrels. He has a black body, but a black and blond tail.
This little guy was just chillin' out. All sprawled out on top of the now empty peanut feeder. You can only see the top of the head and part of the tail. I put ears of field corn in this stump. There is a pile of straw down inside it.
And last, but not least, a male cardinal and a sparrow enjoying some lunch together.
Gonna go for now. I have to go to the courthouse in the morning for possible jury duty. NOT looking forward to it! Hopefully I will see you tomorrow.
Love Ya
Lisa


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on getting out of jury duty.

LOL

I like your collection of photos. The village where I was born only has black squirrels. A genetic thing.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Abe. I did get out of jury duty. We are supposed to call the evening before to find out if we are still to go, and if so they give us instructions for when we get there. I called last evening, no answer. There is supposed to be an automated message on the phone number left. Tried again at around midnight, still just constant ringing. So, when I got up this morning to fix Chuck's breakfast, I tried one last time. Trial cancelled! YAY!!!
Thanks for the visits.
Lisa

André Lemay said...

Nice set of pictures. I love the flowers and the cardinal.

Merle said...

Hi Lisa ~~ It is nice to meet you and I hope you will come again. You have some great photos on your blog and a big we;come to the blogging world.
Although mody of us will never meet, we become real friends who care about each other. We share the highs and the lows. It is wonderful. Glad you enjoyed reading my blog. Take care,
Love, Merle.

Patty said...

Your Hostas looks like ours right now. Everything seems to be growing, flowering and turning green this summer like it should be.

Good luck with the jury duty. The last time I had it, by the time I paid for parking and bought my lunch, I spent more than I got paid for being on the jury. They had free parking for juror's but it was a good three city blocks away, paid parking was right across the street. Then I stayed right in the courthouse and ate my lunch in the basement where they had a lunch room, after the first day I packed my own lunch, since they had a frig in the jury room where we had to debate . Have had it several times, it was interesting, but the last time I got a notice I was just finishing up my radiation treatments and my dear doctor wrote a note for me. Saved me having to drive into Dayton and sit there for hours. But if you hae the time and energy it is something to do at least once. Also after I believe you hit 75 you can get out of jury duty because of your age.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Another nice variety of shots. I still want to get a really good squirrel shot so am jealous that you have so many there around you.

Blogging is like having many many penpals, I had one when I was a little girl, she lived in Iowa and I was in Zimbabwe.

See ya later

Anonymous said...

Lisa, always and again I will admire the beauty and richness Your own ways of expression, through words, through the photo. This is simply a unique experience. Greeting for you, for your, family and of course everyone in Your Orlandu and Your friends at Florida Hospital's ,Beautiful greetings

Fugazi said...

Thanks for your visit on my pga again. i came in 4 th. I'm on a mobile broadband, and i have limited power. I'm going to look at your pics when I come home, but the ones I had time to look at, looked great!

Lydia said...

Lisa,
I'm beginning to get more a sense of your special world each time I visit. The connection you have to your grandfather's place (is he still with you?) is really Americana at its best. I've NEVER seen a black squirrel, let alone a bi-colored one. That's so cute and amazing.