Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Beautiful Day








Good evening everybody. Okay, I know there are only a couple of people reading this, but, you never know.



Today was gorgeous! No rain, and I was off work! lol Not a whole lot going on today. My aunt called me this morning to ask me if I wanted to borrow her roto tiller to weed my garden. The one that the weeds were a mile high! 'my bad! I would never make a good farmer, that's for sure. This is only my second year for having a garden and I have it at my grandfather's place because we don't have a big enough yard. I went out to her house and her neighbors were there loading the tiller into her pickup truck. She drove her truck and I drove mine to grandpa's place. My aunt and I both suffer a height deficit, or we are vertically challenged, or as Chuck says, "you're just short"! We couldn't figure out how to get the tiller down. Chuck called on my cell and asked if I wanted him to come out and help unload it. Needless to say, he got stuck doing the tilling. Not a happy camper! At least it looks like a garden again! I found several volunteer tomato plants coming up from last year. Good thing, because I didn't buy any this year to plant. I dug them up from where they were and replanted them in a better spot. I replanted 31 tomato plants! If they all take, I will have tomatoes coming out my ears! Good thing I know how to can! Still have a little more to do there in the morning, shouldn't take too long.







I took a couple of pictures on the way out there today. Not much, just a couple of flowers and what have you. I have learned to take the camera with me all the time. You never know when a photo op may present itself!




This thing is driving me crazy! It won't put pics where I want them. It dumps them all at the top of the page! When I move them, you can't see the larger version of the pic. Any ideas?

Last, but not least, my first picture of the day, my lazy, spazoid hairball, Salem.

Sorry, nothing exciting today, but this is Hartford City, Indiana! I figure you are tired of birds and squirrels.

Good evening, and I will see you tomorrow

Lisa





4 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Let me tell you Lisa makes the most wonderful canned tomatoes, tomatoe juice and strawberry jelly!!!! I bet I will get roped into helping with that this year LOL.


Nice variety of shots Lisa. I am signing off for the night so will hopefully catch you tomorrow. (((Hugs)))

Lori

Anonymous said...

I do visit and I do comment and I was here. I did look at your picture(s) and I did read what you wrote about them. I could say how great you are and how beautiful your work is but alas I would soon run out of things to say on the next blog I visited, so I just left this to prove I stopped and said a few words on Sunday.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Now Lori, how did you know you were going to get elected as second canning chef? lol If all my tomatoes come up that I replanted, OMG! I'll need all the help I can get! You are nominated!

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Abraham, that's fine with me. If you want, just type "I was here" and I will be happy just to know somebody read my blog! lol