Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finally!

Good morning! Once again, I should have been in bed a long time ago. I've been editing the pictures that I took on Monday. I was just sitting out in the yard taking the usual pictures of birds, squirrels and flowers. Lori called while I was sitting out there and asked me if I would like to go and help her do a photo shoot. She needed somebody's hands to to a "hay-twisting" shoot. I took my camera with me. I got a few shots of her four horses that are at a different pasture from Lori's house.
I came home and fixed dinner. Went and tried to take a few more pictures. When I finally got the computer away from Michael, it took me forever to edit. I took about 80 pics. While I was sitting here, I heard the sound of what I thought was a stray cat eating from the dish that I set out for one cat in particular. When I went to the back door and turned on the porch light, there to my delight was, not a cat, but a gorgeous raccoon! Unfortunately, I didn't get a very good shot. Still not used to doing a lot of things with this camera, but I still love it. I took the pictures through the window of the door, so they didn't turn out. I only kept the best, which isn't saying much.
Gotta go for now and get some sleep. I am babysitting my soon-to-be 3 year old grandson all day tomorrow(today). Everybody take care and I'll see you tonight.


Lisa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog Brookville Daily Photo this morning. I hope you enjoyed my post today showing the honey bee and the hollyhock flower.

I saw a special last night about the disappearance of honey bees and it is sad to think that most of the fruit, nuts and vegetables we eat would disappear with them. So governments are busy trying to find the culprit before it is too late and one huge problem is the use of insecticides.

Anyway, I wanted you to know I was here to repay your visit and comment with one of my own. Kind of like "Kilroy" was here... remember those drawings everyone used to make?

I enjoyed reading your blog post for today and I thought the photography was good too. It is good of Lori to let you use the camera. I suspect it is a good one.

The picture of the raccoon is a reminder of the momma and four youngsters we had here last year and eventually the neighbor complained about us feeding raccoons. Actually we feed birds but raccoons will eat everything.

Patty said...

Good afternoon. Thanks for the visit. Raccoons, we loved the ones that came to our yard last year, but we live in town, there are five different neighbors whose yards back up against our side and back yard, one neighbor started complaining about the raccoons coming into our yard eating and getting water. We were afraid they might set out poison, so we called to see if we could get someone to trap them and take them away, well they could at about $125.00 each trap, and there were four babies and one mother, and then we found out they don't relocate them, they kill them, so we took the money and took off for a short vacation. We knew if they didn't find food or water, they wouldn't stick around. After about four days, they apparently left. The mother was so tame either that or just hungry, that she would come out in the daytime and eat what we put out for the birds. Abe got several really nice photos of the mother. In fact we have two hanging in our family room. I know they can be a real pain, but they also are fun to watch.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I try to post something funny each day, once in a while a recipe or hint/tip, and sometimes something that I found inspirational. Almost everything I use someone has either sent to me, or I accidentally found it on the internet. I also have a blog from a long time ago at http://oldladylincoln.efx2blogs.com I sometimes post jokes that are a little more racy (is that a word) LOL. at that blog.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Love the Racoon!!!!! Well done for getting it that clear under difficult circumstances.

Love the day lily too, they make such pretty subjects.

BUT my all time favorite is thesquirrel in the bottle that is just classic!!!

C U Later (I hope Sigh!!)

Lori

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Just noticed you called the flower a tiger lily. If it is not the same there is one very similar called a Day Lily or a ditch lily because you find them growing in all the ditches on the sides of the road during the summer.

One of my Mom's favorite flowers was the tiger Lily.

Lori

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

The yellow flowers in my front flower bed are the day lillies. I was always told that the orange ones are tiger lillies. I could be wrong.
As far as the squirrel in the bottle, after I washed the jar out, it was a lost cause trying to get another pic like that! I guess I'll have to keep it dirty so they can't see anybody sneeking up on them! lol