Sunday, August 3, 2008

August 3, 2008

Hello. Sorry, but I am posting older pictures today. I know you are probably getting as tired of flowers and squirrels as I am! LOL The butterfly pic above was taken last September on the old abandoned railroad tracks. I put it on Photoshop then went to "coloring book", but did not go the extra step to remove all color. They were all Monarch's.
I got this shot of the Cardinals and Mourning Dove this past spring. The only picture I have of male and female together. I had to stand on my dining room chair to get the shot. I was still using my old EasyShare for all these pictures.
This Dragonfly was also out on the train tracks. Only blue dragonfly I have ever seen. I have seen several with different colored wings, but all with black bodies.
This is our crazy cat, Salem. This pic was taken when we still lived in Orlando. I had just taken Michael's curtains down to wash and Salem decided he was going to hide in there. He does the same thing whenever I take the comforter off the bed to change sheets! He's a SCREWBALL!!!
And yet another butterfly from the train tracks. I don't know what kind he is, but he is beautiful!
Oh yes, almost forgot to mention, I finally got up the nerve to quit my job at Save A Lot today. I went in on Saturday to pick up my check and get a copy of the new schedule. He had me scheduled for all of 4 hours the entire week. Not worth it! Chuck is making decent money, so I don't have to worry about finding another job immediately. I can just stay home and chill out, and work on my photography.
Okay, gonna go for now and get some of your posts read. I hope everybody had a good weekend.
Love Ya
Lisa

12 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

I love the photo of the dragonfly - pin sharp and well framed. Salem looks a lot like the larger of my two cats - only neater!

Anonymous said...

The butterfly is what we call a Red Admiral. They are small but quite beautiful. I like the artwork made into a coloring book. Also the rest of your pictures are all nice to see.

Glad you quit the job. Four hours. Maybe he wishes now he had given you forty.

Nancy said...

I love your cat!!! I had a black one named Buckwheat. He lived to be quite old. I still have a couple black cats named Magic and Oreo...she is really more of a tuxedo, though.

I am trying to play catch-up as I am behind this week....diabetic cat whose glucose has been hard to regulate this time around, and then working the 2 jobs keeps me busy!

Have a great week, Lisa!

(((((( HUGS )))))

Lib said...

Love the photos!
Blessins',Lib

Patty said...

Good morning. Once again some nice photos.

Jeanette said...

Hi Lisa, Beautiful Photo.s.I love Salem peeping out from under the curtain..

Fugazi said...

Lovely pictures - The one of the birds was special - In Norway we dont have birds with such strong red color... And the dragonfly was soooo sharp - Great Post.
:))

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Nice pics Lisa, I especially like the one of the three birds, I have found it hard enough to get a picture of one cardinal let alone a pair!!!!!!

Salem is quite a character isnt he LOL.

Lydia said...

I love the last butterfly shot the most. It's fun, too, to see a shot of Salem because I read your hysterical story about him in Don't Feed the Pixies blog! So cute!

Congrats on dumping that job. You made the right decision I am sure.

Carla Marasco said...

I love the pics! And I adore butterflies, and that little guy is beautiful! Congrats on giving up that 4 hour a week job...you'll have much more fun with the camera. I'm jealous!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: A group of interesting photos. I love the mixture of birds. You should consider joing the Camera Critters on Saturday afternoon. There are a lot of great animal photos. You can find the link on Saturdays on my sight.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Fishing Guy. I may do the camera critters, but I am kind of limited on the critters I can capture. The frog from the"quickie" post was a surprise. I almost stepped on him while I was using Grandpa's hose to wash the mud off my shoes!
Lisa