Monday, August 18, 2008

Time For School!

It's time for school to start again. Michael starts back tomorrow. Yay, I get my computer back during the day! This is Blackford High School. Michael will be a freshman this year. He is not looking forward to it at all, except for the fact that he found out they have a game club. But, they have to keep their grades up in order to stay in the club. I'll take any incentive I can get for him to get good grades!
These two pics are my honey's pride and joy. He brings this truck home every weekend to clean and polish it. He is the only driver in the fleet allowed to bring his truck home. He is now on his way back to Indiana from Tennessee. He has to be in Plainfield tomorrow morning, but doesn't know his next destination yet, if he will get to come home for the night.
This particular truck, along with it's twin, were originally Nascar haulers. They are all decked out with chrome everywhere. Really a nice ride, compared to the day cab he used to drive.
This is just a large spider web on a tree branch that I found while I was walking the old railroad tracks a couple of weeks ago. I just thought it was kinda neat.
This is just a small portion of the empty lot next to our house. It is owned by Maddox's who live on the other side of the lot. We are allowed to use it, as long as we don't tear it up. The squirrels love to play in this hollow stump. that's where I put ears of field corn for them. You can sort of see the squirrel feeder mounted on the tree at the right of the picture. This whole lot is the squirrels' playground. Lori loves coming over and sitting against this old stump and watching and photographing the squirrels.
Gonna go for now. I really need to get out and take some more pictures.
TTYL
Love Ya
Lisa

9 comments:

Patty said...

That's nice they let you use that extra lot. That old tree stumps makes a wonderful spot to feed the squirrels. Have a nice evening.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Lisa

Nice that you used that wide angle lens a bit. I dont often use it but when you need it boy it is a blessing. I am not sure if that is a spider web, there are caterpillars that weave nests like those on the trees, one particular one is very poisonous to horses, so I am always wary when I see these near our property.

Sori we couldnt get together today, sigh, tomorrow is another day I suppose. (((Hugs)))

Lori

Lib said...

Hi Lisa,
High school a big scarey step!
Love the photos!
Hope you have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

The spiders web is a great shot - loved this :)

Gone said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're all praying for your mom on our DAY of PRAYER on our blog today.

~Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous said...

As usual brilliant post above all very interesting and excellent photographs - Beautiful -Greetings for You

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful truck your DH has. Tell him I pay well for a nice detail job on my black car. :) Your spiderweb shot is terrific. With Fall sneaking up on us we will be seeing lots of new spider webs in the yard.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: Love the truck, I'm a Nascar Fan and have seen those big haulers. Your hubby is luckey to get a nice truck. The tree syump is neat and I'm sure the squirrels love it.
A fish fry is in the works soon, when can you get here. LOL

Nancy said...

I always enjoyed watching the squirrels feed. We'd buy the 20# bags of sunflower seeds for them. They made an awful mess of our deck but I didn't care. Nice of your neighbors to let you use their lot like that!

Your hubby's truck is soooo clean, and I have trouble just getting my car washed! LOL

Great pics, Lisa!

(((((( HUGS ))))))