Friday, August 29, 2008

Still Out Of Commission!

This is getting really annoying! I am still having to use the computer at the library. I have to completely wipe out my computer and call Dell and have them put in a new window.
My mother is gaining weight. She started out at 94 pounds when she was in the hospital. She is now at 114 pounds. Some of it is water retention. Her feet are terribly swolen. This morning she had a port put in. This will be where she gets all her needles from now on, whether is be an injection, chemo, or getting her blood drawn. Her veins don't want to cooperate and she's tired of being a pin cusion! Her arms are all black and blue from missed attempts to find a vein!
Taffy is finally getting used to me. Last night, when she was outside eating, I was sitting on the floor at my back door, taking pictures as usual! She came right up to the door, but I had to shut it slowly so that she would know she couldn't come into the house. Next time, I will have marshmallows there to hand to her. I have a bunch of pictures, so I will have to get over to Lori's to post from there so I can put some pictures up.
We are having a family cookout at Aunt Pat's tomorrow, and my grandson Cody's birthday party is Sunday. His birthday was Wednesday, but everybody had to work. He is 3 years old now!
Gonna go for now. Hope to talk to you later. Sorry I haven't visited anybody's posts, but I am only allowed 1/2 hour on the computer, which doesn't leave me near enough time to visit all of you. Hopefully, I will get my computer fixed soon!
Thank you to everybody who has been patient with me while my computer is on strike! LOL
Love Ya
Lisa

14 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the update. I miss you .
Hope your Mom is feeling better. Hoping the wt. gain is a good sign.
Hope ya'll have a great wk.end!
Look forward to you returning.:o) I enjoy my visits very much!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I know that he has difficult.Troublesome health is your mother ... Then, difficulties with the computer and everything else that life carries with him - but do not forget You have us ... your virtual friends. People that are always there somewhere about you - and you - yep, lo and in this way - at least nice - heart rečenom word - did your life more beautiful. You and your whole family I want all the best
Steven

GMG said...

Hi Lisa! First of all many thanks for your comment on my post of 08.08.08 at 08h08 at Blogtrotter, now in Kos, Greece! It was great to read you there. Second, sorry for the long delay to come here, but August was a terribly busy month, as everybody else seems to be in vacation…
Anyhow, I found sometime now to land here and enjoy your blog. Hope things will improve next week!
Wish you a great weekend!

Patty said...

Hope you get it fixed soon. Abe has a Dell, also an Apple but the one he uses the most is an HP, I also have an HP.

Hope all of this is going to make your Mother feel better.

Have a great week-end.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: Hold tight to our faith during these stressful times. I hope you get back to posting soon.

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

All computers contain an Annoyance chip, programmed to detect levels of stress and break down accordingly.

I hope your mom gaining weight is a good sign and continue to think of you xx

Middle Ditch said...

I know how frustrating it is to be without a computer. How did we manage in the olden days?

It's good to read that your mum feels better and is gaining weight but it must be horrendous to have all those injections.

Have fun with your family do.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I wondered where you got off to. Hope your computer ills get fixed asap. Come visit when you can...I talked about you. :) Lynn

Susie said...

Lisa, I hope you get your computer up and running soon. Missing your posts.

Hope things are going well with your mom.

Lydia said...

Lisa, I'm still hanging in here because I miss you and your posts are worth it! Can't wait to see those pictures of Taffy!

laurent Debordes said...

good courage for very these troubles

Nancy said...

Hi Lisa!

I do hope your mom does well with the chemo. Aren't they giving her Lasix for the fluid retention? Enjoy your time with her...I'd give anything to have my mom back. I will keep her in my prayers.

I have been kind out of touch, too, as I am caring for my son's 2 sick kitties. One just finsihed her radiation treatments for cancer of the mouth. She had these treatments in March and April, too, and it disappeared entirely for 4 months. And then his other cat has a severe heart condition and has lost the use of one rear leg due to an aortal bloodclot, but she is doing better now. She is on 5 different medications! Plus caring for all of mine and then working 2 jobs! I have slowed down quite a bit when it comes to blogging. But I am making an attempt at catching up now.

Hope you get your computer fixed and get back in business! I'll check back when time permits.

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Middle Ditch said...

You are still having trouble?

ArleneWKW said...

Having to go to the library to use the computer there sounds righteously unpleasant. I hope your computer gets fixed soon. Mine has been freezing up on me. When I got a "Blue Screen Error" that ate up ALL my bookmarks, my hubby made the move to get me a new computer. He's in the process of setting it up and tells me that it is f-a-s-t.

I'm sorry to read about your mom's difficulties. Watching her go through all of this must be hard on you as well as on her.

I continue to enjoy your photos. The one of the spider in your previous post is fascinating.