Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cody Was Here!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures today. My grandson, Cody, was here all day. Needless to say, I didn't have much time to pick up the camera, as I was too busy running after him all day! LOL Just letting you know that Lori and I will be away for the weekend shooting another horse show, this time in New Castle, IN. It's not as far away from home as the last one, but we are still staying the weekend there. The pic above is from the last horse show. I had to check with Lori to make sure I could post it since the handler's not facing the camera. I thought this was a cute picture, the horse nuzzling the little girl.
These flowers are at Grandpa's. He has them every year in the sidewalk flower beds. I don't know what kind they are, though.
This was a goldfinch on his bird feeder. I thinks it's strange that gold finches like to eat upside down!
I talked to my mother today. It was definately the Morphine that was making her incoherent. She was taken off it yesterday and given a different script. I could actually understand her today, although the meds make her very sleepy and she was speaking very softly.
Gonna go for now. I won't see you again until Sunday evening. Everybody have a great weekend!
Love Ya
Lisa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brown horse again, I like it you know..

if sometime I can ride a horse..

Isadora said...

You've made the best choice by spending time with the little one. To top it off, you've left us with some lovely visions. Have a great time!

The Broken Man said...

Glad you're mum's a bit better today - hope she continues to improve,

The Broken man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! Veneration of your post, and enjoy your excellent photographs, you are a true artist. I want to you all the best

Patty said...

Have a great week-end. Today our non-blogging daughter and I are going to spend the day at my Mother's This is the last Friday the daughter has off for the summer. Where she works, if they make up the time ahead, they can take Fridays off and have a three day week-end during the summer months. When I use to work at the same school, that was always nice.

Glad your Mother seems more coherent. Now have a great week-end.

GMG said...

Hi Lisa! 2008.08.08 is a very special day for Blogtrotter. So, before I start commemorating, let me just tell you how much I appreciate your comments on my blogs! Thanks a lot!
No wonder you didn't take pictures. Enjoy!!
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

flydragon said...

I'm pretty sure those red flowers of your Grandpa's are salvia. They sure are nice and full. Sorry about your mother.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: Nice pictures today and a crazy bird. I hope Mom is better soon and best wishes at the show.

Naturegirl said...

Lisa just love the feeders that finches feed upside down.
Oh that darn Morphine..hospitals are too quick to administer.I can remember how sick I was on it while waiting to
have surgery for a broken ankle.
Wish your mom well. :)NG

André Lemay said...

This the first time that I see a goldfinch upsidedown. Good capture.

Naturegirl said...

racoon lover Lisa:

When you return you ((MUST)) come back to my blog and see:
http://nature-trail.blogspot.com/search?q=surprise+guest
I'm sure a raccon lover would love to see that post!

Yes St. Catherines is close by me..just a hop skip and a bridge away!I'm east of it.
Much of our local fresh fruit comes from St. Catherines area!
See you again when you get back!

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best! Steven

ArleneWKW said...

Seeing the horse nuzzle the girl made me want to kiss him on the cheek.

I hope your mom goes through this thing with the best possible outcome. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you.

I'm glad that you move the poor little rabbit and that the man who was it's human friend got to see how much you valued his rabbit.

Lib said...

hope your Mom contuines to improve!
Love the photos!
Have agreat wk.
Blessins',Lib

Nunya said...

what wonderful photography on your blog! you are very talented.

i believe you are ok to post pics with people in them, as long as they are not recognizable. and blacking out the eyes only is not good enough.

so glad you are able to help and be with your mother at this time, must be karma that you ended up being available to her when she needs you most.

best wishes to you and your family.