Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quickie

Good morning. It's storming here. A lot of lightening and thunder, but only raining off and on. Michael is terrified of storms. Stemming from living through 3 hurricanes in a row while living in Orlando. I'm not too crazy about them myself, but he absolutely spazzes out during every storm. The pic above is a hibiscus bush down by our old abandoned hospital. Very full of blossoms.
This little guy, and a couple of his friends were out at Grandpa's. I went out and picked some green beans, pinto beans, cucumbers and corn.
I took this shot as I was leaving. I was sitting in the middle of the road. Good thing there isn't a lot of traffic! LOL
And these two shots are my black-eyed peas. I have never grown them before and I am clueless as to when to pick them. Could any of you southern gardeners help me out as to knowing when to pick them? I actually had to have my mother buy my seeds while she was in Monterey, Tennessee this past spring. We can't get the seed here, but I suppose I could have just as easily used bagged dry peas from the store!
Please let me know about picking! Gonna go for now, before I fall asleep again! Hopefully I will see you all tomorrow.
Love Ya
Lisa

13 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

My favourite here is the cloud shot - i love looking at the sky :)

Anonymous said...

Your hibiscus looks nice. Mine bloomed like crazy again this year for which I am thankful. I have tomatoes but no beans of any kind. Your black-eyed peas look ripe but since I never grew them either I would not know when to pick them. I would guess it depends on how you plan to fix them.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: Did you get a red UFO on the scary sky shot? I got a purple reflection the other day in the sky.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

fishing Guy,m I don't know what that red blip in the sky shot is. Could have just been the camera! Maybe it WAS a UFO. Ya never know!! LOL
Lisa

Patty said...

Beautfiul bush. Does anyone take care of it, if the place is abandoned?

Don't know anything about black eyed peas. If my one neighbor were still alive, I could ask her, she was from TN and she grew them every year. They're ok, but not one of my favorite beans. I bet you can find something on the internet.

We had quite a storm this morning between 5 and 6, one clap of thunder was so loud I almost jumped out of the chair I sleep in. Found it hit our neighbors tree and split it.

Anonymous said...

I think you can be picking them now Lisa.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Klaus, in case you read this today, I have tried 3 times to leave a comment on your Limpkin shot from today. You have this new thing on there called kind a captcha. It won't show me anything to retype. All I get is a small box with a red x and captcha_img.
Lisa

Lib said...

Love the photos.
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Patty. The hibiscus bush is actually across the street from the old hospital. The house looked like it was lived in, but I don't know for sure. I don't go down that way very often.
Lisa

Gone said...

Lisa...we will be praying for your mother. Let us know about how she's doing...and we will keep her on for next week.

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...I think you should be able to be picking the black-eyed peas now. (I used to live next door to a gal in TN who grew them.)

Anonymous said...

Lisa...Photos are really exellent. I will pray for your mother, Steven.

laurent Debordes said...

hello, well beautiful photographs I've never a frog this colour ....

Katie said...

Hope you're surviving the storms ok. I thought of you when I heard about all the bad weather in Indiana! Cool frog, and I like your black-eyed peas photos. Sorry I can't help you with when to pick them though. I'm sure someone will let you know!