Saturday, August 2, 2008

Trip To Cleveland

I went to Cleveland with Chuck today. We started out on the road around 8:00 this morning. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate mornings?! We had to pick up a load at Gripco, then take it to Cleveland, Ohio. This was NOT a good photo day. Lori asked me not to use the Canon until she had a chance to recover the pictures that I lost from my computer brain farting the other night. So I was stuck with my little Kodak EasyShare. It has a horrible time-delay on it for some strange reason. My step-father has a new Kodak EasyShare, and his doesn't have a delay on it. You definitely can't get spur of the moment pics with it. These first two pics are of a car hauler. It is the "funny car" dragster that belongs to John Force, as you can read on the trailer. We saw it this morning when we stopped for fuel in Beaver Dam, Ohio. The only good pics I got along the trip, because we were standing still!

I am definately taking the Canon the next time I ride to Cleveland with him.
This house (what little you can see of it) was so neat. We had already gone to Cleveland, then on to Wellington. Then we went through Greenwich. That is where this old house stands. It is not lived in, but Chuck said there is a house behind it. We both thought it looked like the house on The Munsters! All except for the color. There were so many really neat old barns and houses through Ohio, especially in Wellington and Greenwich. On the way over to Cleveland, after we got off I-75 and onto HWY 30 East, I saw a Golden Eagle and several hawks. That is my first Golden Eagle. I have seen Bald Eagles in Florida several times, although never got any pictures.
Sorry that this is all the pictures I have for today. When we got back into Montpelier, we got caught in a really heavy downpour. I am still damp and that was 4 hours ago! Okay, that's it for now. I am very sleepy and I am going to go to bed. I will see you all later. Have a good weekend, everybody!
Love Ya
Lisa


4 comments:

Lib said...

The house sounds neat!
Hope you get lots of rest and sleep;o)
Have a great wk.end.!
Blessins',Lib

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Lisa
I will bring some smaler cards which the D30 can handle in case this happens again so yu at least have something to fall back on. I definitely will look forward to seeing more shots on your next trip.

Let me know when you are up and about, then if you can bring the card over I will do the recovery. Sorry I didnt get there yesterday.

((((Hugs))))

Patty said...

Looks like you had a nice little trip. Shame you didn't have your other camera.

I wish we had gotten some of that downpour. But we knew as soon as we got up this morning it must have rained someplace. It's very, very cool compared to what we've been having. Right now it's around 61.

Have a great Sunday.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: There was a big race at Norwalk, OH so that is why you saw the John Force truck. That is a funny story about the Munsters. I loved that show.
NE Ohio is my home area.